Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Import gmail Calendar in to Lotus Notes 8.5

I recently acquired a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet.  An amazing device and really good for making quick notes.  The Pen is great and I find that I can do things that I could not do previously with my previous tablet ( Galaxy Tab 10.1).  Not saying that the tab 10.1 is not a great device, its just that the Note 10.1 (and I am sure the Note 2) are amazing devices especially if you are on the move.

One of the things I love about it is the S Calendar,  is its very quick to make notes on it, just recording my time and things I have to do.  I have never been any good at doing this before, now its so quick and easy and I can bring it into Notes any time I want in just a very few simple clicks.

By the way this will work for importing any Google Calendar into Lotus Notes. 8.5

But the I realised that I actually needed this information in my Notes (8.5.4) Calendar.  This is how to do it.

Its actually pretty easy.

Go to your Desktop or Laptop and open gmail, then go to Calendar, (its along the top)
.
  1. In the calendar list on the left side of the page, move your mouse over the calendar you'd like to export from.
  2. You'll see a drop-down arrow appear next to the calendar name. Click the drop-down arrow and select Calendar settings. (Alternatively, click the drop-down arrow next to My calendars and select Settings, then click the appropriate calendar from the list.)
  3. Click the ICAL button in the 'Private Address' section at the bottom of the page, and click the displayed URL.
  4. Save the exported file to the desired folder on your computer.
Now go to Lotus Notes and open your Notes calendar and then click on More > Then Manage Imported Calendars, Now click on Import New Calendar and then navigate to the location where you saved the Google calendar and select basic and bam its there in Notes.

Every calendar or task entry you made in your Tablet is in Notes, in seconds.

Hope you find this useful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home